The Federal Government has issued a travel ban against 13 countries to curb the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19). The Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 disclosed during press briefing in Abuja.
The Presidential Task Force disclosed that @NigeriaGov is restricting entry into the country for travellers from China, Italy, Iran, South Korea, Spain, Japan, France, Germany and Norway.
Others are United States of America, the United Kingdom, Netherlands and Switzerland
The Special Adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on Digital/New Media, Tolu Ogunlesi, explained via his twitter handle that the government is also advising all Nigerians to avoid travel to these countries.
He said, “These restrictions will come into effect from Friday March 20, 2020 for four weeks, subject to review. These are all countries with over 1,000 cases domestically.
“FG is temporarily suspending all visas issued to nationals from these countries. Nigerians arriving from these countries will be subjected to supervised isolation for 14 days.”
Ogunlesi had announced earlier on Wednesday via his twitter handle that the Presidential task force would make new announcement on the development.
He said, “The Task Force will be making some new announcements this morning. The Chair of the Task Force is addressing the press shortly.”(Nairametrics)